Safelane® from Safecote, installed by HMS Decorative Surfacing Limited as the leading UK Installer, is a specialist surface overlay system comprising of 1-3mm or 6-10mm aggregate and is applied using an epoxy resin. The aggregate used in the overlay surface acts like a sponge, allowing de-icing chemicals to sink deep into the pores of the Safelane aggregate and is subsequently released slowly when the temperature drops to freezing point. Safelane also benefits from some of the same properties as other high friction surface treatments, deeming it suitable for areas requiring anti-skid surfacing.
This effectively means the surface would be protected from freezing over before gritters or salt application is required. Safelane surface overlay treatment has the ability to reduce the formation of frost and snow while protecting the base from corrosion and deterioration by ingress of chlorides and moisture. Safelane from Safecote is recommended for use on footbridges, cycle-ways, public transport boarding areas, loading bays, railway platforms, and approaches to toll barriers.
- Less salt is used which results in reduced corrosion to structures
- The epoxy barrier acts as an impermeable barrier to eliminate water and chloride intrusion
- Areas can be pre-treated at a time that is suitable to you
- Lessens environmental impact due to the reduced use of de-icing chemicals
- Decreases labour and material costs related to road/pavement maintenance and repair