Training courses for Resin Bound and Resin Bonded installers
Training courses are now been offered from HMS. With over 25 years’ experience in the specialist surfacing industry, HMS Decorative Surfacing is committed to sharing our knowledge to promote the highest standards in Resin Bound and Resin Bonded installation.
We are committing to this promise by investing in a new purpose-built training centre at our head office in the Midlands, where we are offering one-day courses run by experienced industry professionals, with the first one taking place on Wednesday 26th September 2018.
As one of the most comprehensive courses available, the training has been designed to be practical, informative and hands on, with the session leaders able to answer all the practical and theory based questions which you may have. Typically run in groups of 4 – 12, questions are actively encouraged and you will have the opportunity to try out some of the techniques learnt.
Each course is typically six hours long and will usually run from 9.30am – 3.30pm on the last Wednesday of every month. Lunch is included.
The topics covered are:
- Resin Bound Decra®Set system overview
- Advantages compared to other surfacing solutions
- How our Resin Bound Decra®Set systems work
- The advantages and disadvantages of the different Resin Bound Decra®Set systems available – including SUDS regulations
- Resin Bound Decra®Set external – Specification and base build up
- Preparation of the site including Health and Safety
- Ratios of Resin and Aggregate and Application theory
- Aggregate specification and suitability
- Resin specification and recommendation – UV or Non UV
- Introduction to essential equipment
- How to mix the resin and resin products
- Installation process – mixing, application and trowelling
- Site clean down
- What can go wrong, including troubleshooting, temperature fluctuations and weather contingency
- Survey and quotation process, estimating materials
- Practical demonstration of troweling – your chance to practice what you have learned under our guidance
- A basic introduction and application guide for the installation of Resin Bonded Decra®Stone Surfacing