HMS Treepit® is a moisture permeable, porous surface treatment for surrounding trees. It comprises a decorative surfacing process designed to provide an open textured, highly porous surface suitable for application up to the tree base, whilst still allowing air and water to naturally circulate through to the roots. HMS TreePit® surfacing can also be installed to incorporate watering systems.
HMS Treepit® can be maintained using regular street cleansing equipment. A wide range of aggregates are available in a 6-10mm water permeable surface grading, allowing you to confidently select the one appropriate to your requirements including:
- Silver Grey
- Harden Red
- Barley Beach
- Pea Gravel
- Brittany Bronze
HMS Treepit® Permeable Surface Treatment is SUDS compliant, meaning that excess and surface water can naturally drain through its highly porous surface, and into the tree root.
This offers excellent air and water circulation to the root ball, along with reduction in flood risks, overflowing of drains, and standing water.
Benefits of HMS TreePit®:
- More cost effective than traditional grilles
- Easier to sweep (can be swept by street cleansing equipment)
- Can be colour-matched to surrounding hard landscaping
- Water and air can circulate to the tree roots
- Compatible with channel watering systems
- No migration of stone
- Odourless and UV Stable Resin Options®
- Accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs etc
- Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS) Compliant